Wednesday 28 October 2009

what is the different between miss and ms?

Do know you what is the different between miss and ms?

I remember there is once I called N Power to do some registration...
And he asked me... are you M-I-S-S or M-S?
Then I said... "Ären't they the same??"
Then he ignored me...
Then I said..."mmm... M-I-S-S"

Then last week when I'm doing my client's account...and needed to write a letter to her who is going to divorce soon... Then I asked Alan... So... should I still write her as Mrs? Then Alan said write "Ms"... Then... I stopped for a second as ask... actually what is the different between MS and MISS?

So... Here is the answer...

Miss is suitable for ladies who is single...

Ms could be single women or married women... If you are sending a letter to a women that you not sure whether she married or not then you could put Ms... In another circumstance is... like... nowadays women has become more independent... and some of them wouldn't change their last name to her husband's last name... So you can put Ms instead of Mrs in front of her name... as Miss is not suitable for married women...

Got it? I am sure most of you would have know these :)

1 comment:

bpeng said...

ohhhh... now only i know about this, it always confuse me whenever i'm filling a form
thank you for explaining ^^