Tuesday 6 October 2009

Give a hand to the recent disaster in the far-east victim


It's so depressing to watch BBC News whenever they show the victim in Indonesia...

But these disasters always remind me on how lucky I am... I remember last year when the serious earth quake happened in SiChuan... that's the time that I broke up with my first love... Whenever I saw the pictures of the victims... How they lost their hands and legs... How's the happy families broke into pieces... All these have reminded me that I am a very lucky person who has all my friends and families with me... Break up is absolutely nothing compare to the victims... My tears are worth only for those victims and not even single bit for a guy who betrayed me thousands and millions times...

And today lunch time... I watched the BBC news, they were showing how badly the victims need our help and how severe it is... and towards the end... The reporter mentioned about Donation... That's when I realised I COULD actually give some help!

It reminds me that I have not been giving gift aid for a year....! I stopped the monthly donations about a year ago cause I realised the Red Cross that I donated to is actually British Red Cross which they only distrubute 10% to International and the rest is for British... It's not that I do not want to donate to British... But, I do feel others developing countries need that fund more urgently... But... till today, I still have not signed up any International Gift Aid at all!

I promise I will do it this month! I promise!


"About 1.8 millions people need food aid, and an estimated five million have been made homeless." (BBC,2009)

Please for those who are affordable... Please click this Link https://www.donate.bt.com/dec_form_disasters.html to donate!

Even a small amounts will be a big favor to them...

Disasters Emergency Committee
Tel: 0870-6060-900
Web: www.dec.org.uk
Post: P.O.Box 999, LONDON EC3A 3AA. (cheques to DEC Tsunami Earthquake Appeal)

No comments: