Tuesday 17 November 2009

Me in Rome

Hi everyone...
Today is my second day in Rome...

I love this city...
It is so happening here...

I had some culture shock though...
I read a travel guide saying that it is not recomended to drive in Rome...
It is true!
You must pay 100% attention when you cross the road...
The people here drive damn fast and they would not stop or slow down even when you crossing the zibra crossing...

The weather here is super nice...
I bring the wrong clothes though...
I was sweating all the time... It is so sunny here in Rome...
But people here seems like... wearing winter cloth...
Some even wear pola bear jacket...
Maybe like what normally european say...
UK people wear very little in winter...

The Italian here are all very nice...
Most of them can not speak proper English...
But they will try their best to answer you if you ask them for direction...
One thing is... They tend to talk in their own language even though they know you would not understand what they said... I was like... oh.. okok... oh... okok...

Many couples here... and they seem like more OPEN then british...
Kissing and hugging all the time...
For me... it is quite normal...
But Mami keep aiyo here and there... haha...

I am again a PHD in Metro here already...
The public transport here are quite cheap...
Just 1Euro for 1 trip or 4Euro for a day ticket...
All attractions are near to the Metro station...

Oh ya... There are lots of branded shop near Spanish Step...
I would like to shop there again when I have some extra money to buy a branded Bag :)

So far I have been to Trevi Fountain, Spanish Step, Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill...
Only the last three places need entrance fees which only 12Euro for 3 places... and it is absolutely worth it... Unfortunately my mom can not walk far... She wanted to sit outside enjoy the view so I just went in and have a quick look around... I wish I could follow one of the English tour which I think it is only 4Euro... But then my mom will be waited too long... mmm... That is fine... I guess I will visit Rome again before I go back Malaysia for good :)

I love the Trevi Fountain... It is specially nice if you visit it at night... If I have more time... I would like to visit the fountain again in the morning... I made a wish there as well... It is recommended that you should throw the coins by using your right hand and throw from your left shoulder... I did that :) 2 coins for new romance and 3 coins are for marrige or divorce... of course chosen 2 coins la... I believe my wish will come true :) VERY SOON :)

Unfortunately I am not feeling well... Fever keep coming back... I ate average 6 pills a day for 3 days already... My mom was right... We not suppose to come when I am not feeling well... My voice is so sexy now... I tried my best to drink as much as water I can but it still doesn"t work...

Oh ya... Dont know what is happening here... We always see police here and there and the police car are all around and there are lots of road block...

Pizza and Pasta here are always the best... it is quite costly to eat in a Restaurant... But worth it if you order the right thing...

We are staying in Hotel Re di Rome... It is very nice and with a reasonable price... I paid 65pounds per night for a double bed room... Breakfast is included... And there is free wifi or you can also use their PC here... The rooms are in modern style and they have just renovated not long ago... Stuffs here are friendly and the hotel is just 3 minutes from the Metro station plus there is an underground to walk straight to the hotel...

Well... I am still not feeling well now... Hopefully tomorrow will be better... Tomorrow going to visit Vatican city but have to depand on my mom as well... if her leg can not take it then I will come again next time :) no problems at all :)

To be continued...

No comments: