Saturday 19 September 2009

Lots of complaints from Miss Jocelyn

.... continued from previous post

Unfortunately... Something bad happen on the way back... I always have bad experience in Birmingham... I remember there's once I went to Birmingham with BB and Ruby in CNY... Gosh... I got no idea why I didnt bring my Young Person Card with me... I only realized that when they ask me to show it to them which they normally don't do that in the exit way... and normally they dont even look at the ticket as long as you give them a train ticket then you may go...Then there is this guy who ask for the Young Person Card... Oh my god... I forgot to bring it! Then I was trying to prove that I actually have it just that I forgot to bring it... gosh... they are such a big company and they don't have some database or code or number for those who has paid £24 a year for their Young Person Card! Then they want me to pay the full amount (£17) again even thought I actually have the ticket just that it's under student price (£11)... it's so... unreasonable... in fact... I always feel that... it's so unethical to ask student to pay for the young person card which is £24 in order to get a discount! If you wanna offer student a discount.. then just do it... why wanna pay £24 for a year discount? Somemore it's not £24 for life... it's just a year... ridiculous! Plus it doesn't make any sense at all...

Ok then... back to today... to be honest... I admit that today we did make some mistake... We were early when we reach the train station... We know that our train to back to Cheltenham was suppose to be at 7.30pm... But there was a 7.12pm... But, we book the ticket online... We aren't sure that whether our ticket is an open ticket or not... But we were tired and exhausted plus there is enough time for use to check and Ruby feels quite positive that it's a return ticket... then we just rushed to jump into the 7.12pm train... then... AHHHH... the lady who check our ticket said... you shouldn't to be in this train... we were like... WHAT? SHIT... but... we do have a ticket... and there are still plenty of places there... that should be fine right... please... we are just a student... dont fine us... haih... The lady was harsh to us and no sympathy at all... Everything is just pay pay pay pay pay!! Gosh... what's wrong with it! Just 18 minutes... and now we have to pay extra £16.50 for 2 people... why don't just give us a warning... I swear I wont do it next time...:( Then don't know why... the payment can't go through for both of my HSBC cards! The lady keep saying it's my fault! WHAT! I just use it yesterday and it's all fine and I never have problem with my cards! BUT, anyhow Ruby's card did go through and she uses that to prove that it's my fault... sigh... I just give her a look and said... "whatever..." :( :( :(

My mom used to tell me that Western people are very relax on everything... Yes... They really did... I remember when I first came here in 2006... Everything seems perfect to me... Buses is free for students in Cheltenham as long as you show your student ID... and they barely look at it... I remember when I was in London... there is once we were taking bus to go somewhere... somehow the driver asked us not to pay and save the money... Then when there are shops that give 10% to students as well... They seldom check the name and expired date! But... What's going on in these 2 years? The fare for buses in Cheltenham increased from zero to 50pence then from 50pence to 70pence... and I heard that even Uni Bus will charge student for 50pence as well! Gosh... Aren't they suppose to be free? Students are paying £8,000 over pound a year and you have the campus all around and now you want the students to pay for the 'Uni Bus'??? Then they were there spending time to check the photo and expired date... sigh... relax a bit la...

Then yesterday.. I went to topshop to buy a cloth... I happily showing my ACCA student ID in order to get a 10% discount... Guess what??? This shopkeeper said... "WE CAN'T ACCEPT A STUDENT ID WITHOUT AN EXPIRING DATE"... OH MY GOD!! WHAT IS GOING ON? ok fine... 10%... I DON'T WANT IT!!! so ketekut la these people... if wanna give benefit to student then just give la... why wanna use so many reason to avoid giving out the student discount???

OK... finished my complaints... slightly relieve now... sorry if this post make the readers uncomfortable... but I can't help it... too many things i feel it's not fair... just wanna let it out a bit:P

Basically, I think I'm not used to not be a student... There are so many extra fees that I need to pay... and in fact I am a part time student! I am still a student... why can't I get back all the benefit... I dont want to pay all the council tax, rates and whatever... I am still a student... it's just part time and in fact... Part time students are more suppose to get the benefit... I no longer have my parents support for my tuition fees... I pay that with my small little monthly salary and my savings... why I wanna give more burden to me.... :( :( :( I wanna complaint......:( but to who...?

4 comments:

HuiHui said...

there is no more uni bus...uni bus combine with 94 edy...and the so called uni bus is increase from zero to 70p!!!! shock ley.........

huibee said...

didnt make me feel uncomfortable..
just nodding my head.
haha..

but somehow, they're still more to relaxing..

neo~esTheR said...

stop complaining jocelyn chong jiin cheng :P topshop in msia never give student discount, buses or train in msia never cheaper for students, chinese tea in msia never free lo...

JC said...

Hui Hui: Haih... Luckily I no longer studying in THE PARK!

Hui Bee: Where got relax...getting worst now... hope the econ here will get better soon la... then I can change job already:)

Neo: Ei.. True also...