Friday 11 June 2010

Word of the day - Kowtow

Do u know what Kowtow mean?
For mandarin it sounds like koutou...
For cantonese it sounds like kaotao...
Both have the same meaning...
N.. Surprisingly... It is actually an english word?!
Pronouns as [KOU-TOU]


Meaning is the same as well!
1. To act in a subservient manner.
2. To kneel and touch the forehead to the ground in expression of deep respect, worship, or
submission, as formerly done in China.
3. An act of servile deference. (Noun)

Haha... I honestly didn't know that...
I'm pretty bad in vocabulary...
I find it funny kowtow is actually a verb in english:)
I saw kowtow and I read the meaning in the dictionary then I was like.. What dictionary is this.. I thought like if I type in Qilai it will define it as stand up.. Hahaha... I did that n no word was being found.. Hahaha.. Silly me...

No comments: