Thursday 29 July 2010

Barcelona trip review

Hey guys!!!
I'm back from Barcelona!!!!!
I brilliant city in Spain!!!
Amanda, Eddie, Ruby and I had a really great time in Barcelona!!!
Non stop laughing, walking, eating, bullying thought out the whole journey!!!
And today...I'm back to work again for a day and a half!

We planned for a 3days and 2 night trip to Barcelona...
Reached there early in the morning and came back on the 4th day early morning...
So, we would have 3 full days there to spend...
We thought it will be more than enough!
Unfortunately, 72 hours isn't enough for us at all...
We didn't spend much time in our luxury apartment because we came back late for both nights...
We even dare to back to apartment at 2am midnight!

Barcelona is definitely worth to visit!

Specially the La Barceloneta beach!
According to our tour guide Ruby...
La Barceloneta is the best Urban beach in the world and also the 3rd best beach in the world!
The was really sunny there...
We almost spend the whole day there!
I wish I could have an extra day or two to visit there again for sun tanning the whole day till late evening and see the sunset there!!
The beach is clean and the water is really clear...
The wave wasn't too strong and it is quite safe to swim and play in the sea!
I would recommend visitors to bring their own towel or map to place on the beach for sun tanning because to rent the chair is quite expensive...
It would be best if you could prepare your own sandwich!
The wind there wasn't too strong so it is best for picnic...
It wasn't a good place for kids though because....
Some of the girl did take off their bikini and have sun tanning there...
It is considered a sandy beach but... the sand wasn't fine...
The beach side was consider OK...
But, inside the sea... the sand was quite rough and lots of stones inside...
So, have to be careful..
Overall! It is a fun place and it is absolutely worth to spend the whole day there

Food is expensive there...
It will cost around... 15Euro per person for a standard class restaurant...
And 25Euro and above for a slightly classy restaurant...
Restaurant and Cafe is all around Barcelona...
Famous food would be their Seafood Paella and Tapas!
I saw quite a lot of restaurants do serve Pasta and Pizza!!!
In fact most of them do have it in their menu!

We went to a classy restaurant for dinner!
Wow... the service is 10/10!!!
Absolutely worth the price!
It was too expensive...
Reasonable pricing!
Will blog about it soon!

Oh ya... Sangria is original from Spain as well..
Most restaurants do serve them...
Worth a try! not to costly if you order a jug to share!

My friend recommended me to try their KFC!!!
Yeah!!! It looks exactly like how they present in the picture!!
Very crispy and tasty!!!
Should try their hot wing! Super delicious!

If you are buying the beverage from the cafe, restaurant or some small store...
Do ask their price before paying it...
Some might be unreasonable expensive!!!

People there are nice and friendly:)
They are willing to help out visitors :)
Most of them don't speak English...
But, I don't find it hard to understand them at all :)

Learned some Spanish throughout the journey as well!!!

Gracias = Thank you
Hola = Hello
Adios = See you

These are the 3 useful one :)

Their Metro is pretty convenience and cheap...
If you go in a group...
You can buy a ticket called T10 which cost 7.95Euro...
T10 allows you to travel 10 times and you can share this 10times amongst your friends...
Most of the tourist attractions are near to Metro...

Do be careful of your bags...
This is what we have been told by the polices there and many of the people there...
Personally, I find it ok with their safety...
Polices are all around Barcelona...
Many police cars around that area as well...
But no harms to be extra careful :)

Buildings there are nice!!!
The whole Barcelona is full of Antoni Gaudi's work,
Gaudi's work has a significant influence to the face of Barcelona's Architecture
All the buildings that we had visited in Barcelona are designed by Gaudi and it is really special and amazing!
Casa Mila - La Pedrera, Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell, Casa Batllo etc. are the well-known works by Gaudi and we visited all of these and it is really amazing!
Will upload the pictures soon :)

Barcelona!!! Is definitely one of my memorable trip!!!
I had a great time there!!!
Love the place, Love the food, Love the beach, Love the building, Love all my travel partners the most!!!

Special thanks to Ruby for planning the whole trip for us!!!
Love you to the maximum!
Thanks Amanda for helping out Ruby for the map and direction!
You are always good in reading map!
Thanks for all of you for taking care of me this old women :P
Hahaha... I didn't contribute much except for letting you guys making fun of me :P
Thank to my babe Eddie for protecting us throughout the whole journey!!!

I would love to give a second visit to Barcelona for sure!
As I am starting to miss the place now!!!


3 comments:

scattered mind.... said...

hahahhaa.... guess what.. My mind and my soul is still there and finding it hard to come back to reality... It feels like a beautiful dream... Everything was just the way it should be...!!! Btw... I was the only victim of getting bullied... Hehehhee... So.. Will improve my skills to bully them back on our next trip... Hehhehe!!!! but overall... It was one hell of a trip!!!! In fact it was kinda difficult to leave that place... Thanks to all my buddies :)

Anonymous said...

Awww... I miss the dinner there.. Drink as we eat.. Ha ha ha.. Thanks to all of you for the enjoyable trip.. I will definitely miss you guys when I go back.. sob sob..

scattered mind.... said...

jocelyn... Missing you leh!!! Not being able to text you mornings before i go to work... Feels awkward... Hehee.. Well... I hope you are having loadz of fun!!! Not sure when are you returning... Well... Just text me once you are back la :).. But i guess you would probably be busy to talk... Well... Once you are back.. Take a good rest yea.. :)... Missing you.. :)